Tuesday 12 February 2013

Pancake Day Whoopie !!!

I love pancake day .... and I love looking out for comps to enter .... last year I made a rainbow and a thunder cloud seen here .....



All I won was a spook which is  a fork and spoon in one ... the kids like using it ... I must say... but this year me and kids all made three different pancake scenes.


 My son Robert who is 5 wanted fishes ....

We used coloured pancake mix and strawberries and blueberries to make this creation ...

My daughter Amy who is 10 wanted butterflies ....

To make this we used edible glitter and edible gems  and pancakes ...

And finally Thomas who is 7 wanted dinosaurs as he is learning about them in school so we did the meteor shower ...

To make this apocalyptic event we used coloured pancake mix cut using dino cutters and some strawberry laces to make the red sky and edible glitter to make the look of the meteor shower and currents to make tar pits   

Hope you like what we made and if want to have ago yourself then all you need is your basic pancake recipe which is ....

Method

  1. Put the flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl i like to add touch of cinnamon to mine then whisk to a smooth batter. Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time and this is where i get all my tools ready cutters and food dye gels.
  2. Use a medium size frying pan  over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden.
  3. Serve with lemon and sugar, or your favourite filling. or have a go at making some scenes like ours above ... 

Good luck at your pancakes would love to see pictures if you have any ...... 

just about to send off my pictures to confused.com they are giving away a  Phillips airfryer been after one of those for a long time wish us luck if you want to enter too then click here and follow three instructions on entering 



No comments:

Post a Comment